Friday, May 8, 2009

What breed is my dog?

I adopted a pup from a local shelter. They told me she is half german shepherd/ half collie. But I dont know how sure they are. I will post a pic.
Answers:
where is the picture?
The breed of any dog that is half one thing and half another thing is ... a mutt.
Well normally the animal shelter is correct...but yeah post the pic :)
I'd say that it looks german shepherd/boxer.
But im sure the shelter is more correct than me. :)
whares the pic,
anyway u call ur dog a mutt
Cute pup! Looks a lot more like a GSD/APBT or GSD/Boxer mix.
Your puppy is a mutt...not one that is pure bred. The only way to know for sure what she's mixed with is to know her father and mother and the shelter people are only guessing unless they know for sure what breed the parents were. Having a mixed breed dog is a good thing because she's the best of whatever she's mixed with. Sometimes pure breed dogs have health problems associated with that breed. Just love your puppy and don't worry about what breed she is...she's just herself... unique in many ways.
i had two puppies that look exactly like that they are part boxer, shepard and lab mix the are great well trained dogs. they are the best dogs i have ever had have fun with your new puppy.
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20S...

i will send you a pick of mine
Whatever it is, it's adorable and you should already love it, probably after the first 5 minutes. Looks like it could easily be what they told you because a pup can look like either parent. I doubt that you are going to care what breed it is. If people ask just tell them what you think it is. You will ever be sure anyway! Best wishes with your new friend!
She looks like she is part Boxer and German Shepard. She could have some Border Collie in her, too.
its not a mutt a mutt is considered 3 or more different things, cutie
I would have to go with the most common answer she is so cute! But it looks like there is some boxer in the mix. As for being a mutt well my last dog was half GS and half Bassett she had the looks of a GS but the size more of a Bassett and was the smartest best dog I have ever had. Now I have a Pure Bred papered GS and although I am growing attached to her she is no where near as smart as my sassy was. So just because it is pure bred does not always mean better.

No comments:

Post a Comment