Sunday, August 2, 2009

What do you think of the new dog ban in Dublin (when its out)?

I think its ridiculous for those of you who dont know yet try search it up, but what do you think??
Answers:
Its ridiculous!
Most of those breeds are perfectly loving animals!
Well think about it, they are ALL dangerous breeds that can inflict horrific injury or kill.
I whole heatedly agree that someone needs to make a stand against people who keep dangerous breeds and most of the time these animals are not trained and just run riot.
If you're talking about the Council's ruling on dangerous dogs then I agree completely.
Basically it says that if you own a "Dangerous" dog (ie. any of the breeds on the list - which include Alsatians, Labradors, Rotweillers etc) and you live in a council estate you must have the dog euthanised.
It's ridiculous. I completely understand the point and that it is important to control these types of dogs in order to prevent attacks on small kids but this type of law is not going to help.
RESPONSIBLE dog owners ensure their dogs is not in a position to attack anyone. They keep their dogs muzzled or on chains in their yards.
The problem is with the IRRESPONSIBLE owners. Those that train their dogs to attack or to fight, who mistreat the animals and allow it to develop a bad temperament.
And to be honest, I don't see these people bringing their dogs to the vets to have them put down! It's very unfair and I don't think it will work.
Vets around the country should refuse to euthanise a healthy animal.
I think its the stupidest thing I have heard for a while. Its not the dog that's the problem its the owners. If the owners treat them badly they will react. I know a few people who have staffies, bulldogs and a bull mastiff and they are all they sweetest dogs and so loving cause they have been treated well. Most people take 1 look at the dog and think he worst without finding out the truth. Also they have received bad press cause there are a few sick people in the world who choose to breed them for fighting. But its like everything else in life you get from it what you put in.
I can see why they are doing it but I dont agree. Every dog can bite and I think it is usually the owners fault. They should stop unsuitable people owning animals rather than punishing the dogs. Also people love their dogs and I would be heartbroken if I had to give mine up. They should perhaps do a combination of training classes and not letting people get new "dangerous" dogs. We should ban cars too for killing and injuring people! Where do you draw the line?
OH MY GOD!!!
I am totally shocked that this law has been passed!
I notice that the Fila Brasileiro is absent from the list, which just goes to show what a crock of sh*t the whole thing is. You cannot force people to euthanase perfectly healthy animals especially when there is so much evidence of poor ownership being to blame for dog attacks. Ownership of breeds such as these should be licensed, not banned in a mist of idiotic scare mongering.
As an owner of Mastiffs, all of whom have been given over to rescue due to previous owners not being able to control them through lack of sufficient knowledge of the breeds, I am proof positive that correct handling and training negates any 'aggressive' tendencies.
I am disgusted and will be contacting the Irish government to make my feelings very clear.
See the link below for contact details of the eejits who have brought this about.
I could understand well partly if they were banning all dogs, to discriminate the 10 'breeds' they have picked out at random just makes me realy angry, why should some one who owns a dog not on the list be able keep theirs whilst others are having to get rid of lifelong companions, and where are all these dogs going to go? there are already charities that bring over loads of dogs from ireland, and this is just going to put the problem on our doorsteps, so thanks dublin council for handing over your problems instead of getting it sorted out there.
i think its a shame for all the responsible dog owners out there that train their dogs and look after them properly. i understand why they're doing it but i think its still harsh. glad i live in private rented accom. your right, any dog if mistreated and trained to be mean can bite and i thank you for proving my point about labs. (my mother thinks i should get one instead of a staffy) i dont think its fair at all. i think they should ban the owners and not the dogs.
The owners are the ones that should be looked at. treat a dog badly and it in turn will retaliate. I have 2 staffs and many a time i've been out with them and get some twit who will encourage his dogs to go for mine, thinking it's hard, my dogs do not take any notice and just walk on, because of the way they've been reared. Kids should not be allowed out with them unsupervised because they are the main culprits. All dogs from Chihauhaus to Great Danes should be kept on leads. Come on Dublin look at the real problem, THE OWNERS
I think that it is sad that a government is too lazy or innept to fight the real problem, so they just ban the dogs. I can see owners of these dogs hiding them, even the responsible owners. There is no way that I would be able to put my dog down just because my city decided that they were going to punish everyone for the stupidity of irresponsible owners. Dublin may see people moving to other areas to keep their dogs, although what I gather from the situation the ban at them moment is for those who live in public housing so that may prevent some from doing so.
Its stupid, you cant ban people from keeping dogs, its there freedom to keep whatever dogs they like as long as its looked after properly (not forgetting goes along with the dangoures dog act). My staffy cross wouldent harm a fly, nor would any of my other dogs.
I think its desperately sad. I know I couldn't take my babies to the vet to be 'euthanized' just because someone has deemed the breed to be dangerous. Bad dogs come from bad owners, can't we 'euthanize' bad owners instead?
Its a joke, it wont happen, because there are not enough idiots workin in the council to monitor it, dont worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment