Sunday, August 2, 2009

What do you think of Pit Bulls?

(seeing how some people go all flustered when I dare to ask this question under the wrong category. I guess I am the only one making mistakes here. Well, God Bless you. (In a nice way of saying).
Answers:
I love pit bulls. They are such sweet dogs if trained right.KEYword being trained. They need lots of love and attention.They wouldnt be called PIT bulls had they not been used in pits to fight. Thus the name pit bulls.
I have mixed feelings about them. I don't know if they are truly a good dog that has been treated and teached badly, or it is in their genes.
I am afraid of them and I love dogs so much.
Pit Bulls are a wonderful breed: loving, obedient, fun to play with.
Now, what I think about people who get Pit Bulls to be macho, or to protect their plants, or to fight, or for whatever reason teach any dog to be violent, well I'll not say here.
Pits are dangerous because they have the capability to do great harm. But when raised and owned by responsible loving people, the are great pets.
excellent dog, horible owners cause the problem dogs, but Labs Rock!
.First of all its not a pit bull its a American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, English Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier, etc.
.Second of all. I think with a responsible and educated owner who understands this breed and good training those dogs can be the best behaved dog and amazing companion.
I have never met a pit bull that didn't warm my heart. I love them. However, I don't know that I would own one. They seem unpredictable and I would hate for something bad to happen to another dog or a person because of my dog.
I wish they were more predictable because I would buy one in a second. Beautiful dogs.
a) They're nice dogs until the day they're not.
b) They're good dogs when properly trained. The guy down the block has one. Do you trust HIM to have gotten his dog properly trained?
c) The guy down the block is walking his dog down the street. Did you notice how thin and weak-looking that leash is? Are your pet cats indoors? Are you wearing your shin guards?
To generalize: too often these dogs are ending up in the hands of irresponsible people.
good dogs, and gangster as **** too
they WERE bread to kill
but they can be really sweet dogs if you dont train them to be viscious.
I have never been around them so I don't know what to think about them. But I am not going to say that I don't like them because of their rep and bad breeding.
Dogs bred only for a fighting purpose just until recently.
May be great dogs if trained by normal and knowledgeable owners. Unfortunately, it's rarely the case.
It's all how you raise him(her).. just like a child.
I just answered 2 other questions re: pits.
I believe in the hands of the right people, who are experienced in handling and breeding, and training, these dogs are great.
they are like any other dog, but just not made for just anyone.
they are terriers, and mastiffs.
both are aggressive breeds.
you need to really know and really understand the breed, and the specific dog, before you decide to get one.
I owned several and bred some: they are not dogs for the faint of heart looking for a gentle lap dog.
they need exercise, a firm but loving hand, and lots of understanding and patience.
due to their terrier background they are very aggressive, and stubborn. their mastiff background gives them strength and stamina. in the hands of the wrong person, this is deadly.
i love them, but this is just me, not everyone else.
I personally prefer mastiffs, but I also know pits can be very misunderstood, and because of this, I guess I take them close to heart. I owned a sweet staffie, and I miss him everyday... he was stolen. now, would a vicious dog with a bad rep be easy to steal from a kennel? hmmm i don't think so.
this is my point of view, like it or not!
Pit Bulls are intimidating looking dogs but they are quite nice! But if you're going to buy one, let say a puppy Pit Bull, I advice to examine the puppy's mother first. It's bcuz the character of the mother is more likely to pass on her cubs. The mother ***** should be healthy as well.
If you wish to get a pit bull. You have to get speical insurance by law . In case the dog bite anyone or a child. Also you have to have a 6 to 8 foot fence in area. The dog must be on a leash at all times with a choker cloar. I feel if you want one get it. As long as you treat it kindly you be ok. Have good times. ps everyone mess up sometimes dont sweat it.
i would love to have a pit bull.there very protective.
Loaded gun. Have a neighbor who had one. Jumped the fence and attacked an old man on a bicycle. After he got out of quarantine (the dog) he came home and bit the owner.
No, the dog was not chained nor mistreated. Another one attacked his owner in a nearby town and she had to have both arms amputated. She was trying to break up a fight between 2 males (should have known better) but not much help with her arms.
they r awesome dogs that have a terrible reputation that could be helped if people would just give them a chance
here r some videos that show the horrors of dog fighting and y u should believe that pitbulls r great dogs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zhayurdy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbus4ggsy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tldwf6k7u...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwi_qlq5v...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmwahmzgr...
and even one that shows a lot of pits that ended up being heroes both in my eyes and the eyes of their owners
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdy9z5ub9...
i hope this changes a lot of peoples minds who have doubts about this magnificent animal
The term 'pit bull' is used to describe MANY different breeds. This includes the American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, American Bulldog, Bull Terrier, Miniature Bull Terrier, and any other dog breed who might resembles these breeds. Also, any mixed breed dogs who look like a 'pit bull' might be called a pit bull, and that is based on opinion.
I think these breeds are just like any other dog. If they are in the right hands they make wonderful family companions. They aren't for everyone, they are for people who do their research on the breed, have experience with the breed, and only want their dog as a family companion.
I have an American Pit Bull Terrier and she is the best dog I could ever ask for. She is friendly toward EVERYONE, she loves kids, strangers, cats, dogs. She just wants to love, and be loved.
This is my girl:
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q135/...
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q135/...
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q135/...
I have a pitbull/ rotwiller mix. Wonderful dog. Can be very hard headed at times (ie. not wanting to sit exactly when I want her to, she must weigh her options first/ run after the ball or sit) but other than that just wonderful. Very smart dog. She is good towards children and people. Her temperament is wonderful. Her level of animal aggresivness is medium. Meaning not small animals can be around. She will hunt them down fast. Good dog for getting rid or groundhogs or mice. Great dog. As a breed they are wonderful.
Lilly is an American Pitbull Terrier/Rotwiller mix.
Love them and are so sad when I read about how many bad owners there are out there. I can't wait to get two of them when I get a place big enough, they have such a bad rep for the simple reason of bad ownership.
I am not totally sure what I think. I do know some things though. A lot of irresponsible people own them and so I don't trust most of them. There was one loose in the street a couple months ago and she was going up to cars and looking at everyone. No one ahead tried to help, she was stopping traffic and was wearing a leather harness with studs and dragging a leash. As each car moved on I stopped, got out and opened my door to let her in. She jumped right in and sat in the passenger side. I would help that breed as long as it isn't acting aggressive as I would any other dog. I figured not too many people would stop to help and if police saw her they could make her get aggressive out of fear. I pet any friendly one I come across and I like the looks of them too. I really think they do have on average more of a desire to fight other dogs and not stop once they get going. I don't believe they are all that way. I know most Border Collies are pretty active and want to run and herd but not all. So I think that you will find a lot of a certain breed will do what it has been bred for. I also think that most make great family pets but are best as only dogs. I also think that a few no matter how well raised may go bad more than other breeds. I think that the thing about this breed is when they get going many do not want to stop and that is what the problem is with them but also what was a desirable trait for dog fighting. I would wish for their sake that they were all spayed and neutered so the breed would die out and stop falling into the hands of the Vicks of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment