Sunday, August 2, 2009

What do you think your dog is saying when he ...?

makes that woo wooo woo woo sound... you know the sort of talking one it's not a bark. My bullmastiff does it and his lips pucker over his teeth (so you cant see his teeth) he looks so cute, he does it when i give him certain commands or when the cats are sitting on my lap! I wonder what he is trying to say. Does your dog do this?
Answers:
Are you putting all this stuff in a Book with a view to publishing then Choco?? ;0)
Your dog might be trying to discuss your previous question about 'Foot %26 Mouth'
Probably asking for attention. Dog definitely get jealous I used to have two dogs but if I stroked the older one the younger one would always push him out the way so I had to stroke here instead.
He is probably saying put the kettle on I fancy a cupper, and get that thing off your lap its probably got germs.
My border collie does this to, most times when im about to leave the house. Its like shes saying that its ok, she will still be here when i get back, and not to forget her food.
I love how they have different barks/growls and sounds and we start to link them with their wants and needs. Like her 'im hungry' sounds are very different to her 'i wanna play' noises.
well if hes like my dog, hes thinking " I'll do what I want" or "give me some attention"
Dogs are so funny, their personalities are amazing
My husband likes dogs that do this. He says, "what did you say to me? Really! You don't say? Don't you talk back to me." He loves to encourage it. They seem to hold an entire conversation.
I don't know that they are saying, but it pleases them, so who cares. I think once they learn it pleases their people they keep doing it more just because they are encouraged. Dogs like to please.
My yorkie does it also especially if I ignore her for fun when she wants me to throw her toy so she can fetch it and bring it back to me.
Although she has a certain look, almost like she is swearing me in a kind way. But its so cute man.
MY DOG DOES A SIMILAR THING, I JUST PRESUMED IT WAS WEN SHE WANTED ATTENTION LOL
When my little dog does this I think he is saying "I need you to look at me when I am talking to you"
Other times when I am snuggling my face in her belly she gives little grunts that are so close together she sounds almost like she is purring. Maybe she is copying the cats.
My other doggie grunts constantly as she is sitting on my lap. I say "grunt" but it's not exactly a grunt either.
Ya just cant hrelp but love'em. Each one unique and special and wonderful.
yeah my rotties do that too it looks so cute and funny, I just have not managed to get a photo yet when they do it, not sure what it means but I love my dogs being vocal!
my brother(a grown man) obviously thinks that him and his dog speak the same language .when the dog had to have one of those plastic cones around its neck,to stop it biting an injury .i caught him telling the dog "why are you playing up now! i explained to you last night that you were going to have to wear this " i call him DR Doolittle now !!
The interpretation of "woo woo woo sound" depends on the circumstances. In your dog's case, I suppose, after your commands your dog expects another one and a praise as well. When the cat is sitting on your lap your dog is saying to send it away, so your dog becomes the centre of your attention . I don't know if you realised that, but there's a sort of chemical between the animals and their owners that makes possible the communication between them. I had a dog who was able to understand Portuguese words, such as: almoco (lunch - she loved it!), passear (go out - she loved it as well) however, tomar banho (have a shower, she hated it!) - when she heard that word, she'd hide herself behind the sofa.
He certainly does. Anything sets him off (especially my daughter violin). He's probably just singing.
I've known several Bullmastiffs that did this. I personally think they are trying to talk to you, since some of them will do it when you give them some serious one-on-one talk, with lots of drawn out ohhhhs and ahhhhs. Try it.
He's saying one if not all of the following:
Why are the cats allowed to sit there and I'm not?
Do you think I'm stupid? get the stick yourself!!
I'm not rolling over again, I'm comfy here and frankly I look like a bit of a ninny in that position, like I didn't know that's why you like me doing it!
Hey cat... are you looking at me?

No comments:

Post a Comment