Friday, May 21, 2010

What dog breeds are popular in Florida?


Answers:
I know Yorkies and Shitzous are very popular.
mm i live about 45 minutes north of Miami
I see mostly the Terrier family which consists of alot of breeds that may look alike
i myself have had 3 minature schnauzers and I believe they are the best breed out
also lot of labs and golden retrievers down in miami they do have alot of pitts but they are trying to get rid of that.
Russian wolfhounds
I live in Tampa Bay and see a lot of big dogs. great danes, or similar
Small dogs are popular because they can be brought (smuggled) into restaurants in 'doggy bags'. Mostly white haired old ladies have these.
I have a mixed mutt that's too big for that kind of snobbish thing, so I just leave her home when I go out for the evening.
You don't want to get a big, long-haired dog, such as an English Sheepdog... Miserably hot for them.
Short hair, no matter what the size is good. Easier to comb out the undercoat when we go from 40 to 90 in three days.
Greyhounds are very popular... especially since they have greyhound racing and losing dogs are VERY available for adoption. Lots of Greyhound rescue groups because of the abundance of tracks.
Hope this helps.
I live on the beach in Florida and see every type, size and breed possible and have 3 of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment