Friday, May 21, 2010

What dogs do beagles get along with?

I am going to get another dog soon. But I want to make sure that my beagle and that breed will get along and won't fight. So what I'm asking is, what breeds are good with beagles. I might get a mix from the shelter, so do mixes get along with beagles? Don't answer saying the responsibility about owning another dog, I know that! I just want some answers straight out, no confusion. Thank you. Please give me some links to go to if you have any.
Answers:
Well hun beagles like pretty much anyone and anything. note 2 males or females will tend to fight even if they are fixed girl dogs with girl dogs are more so likely to fight . And the dog you have now will be the boss cus you have had them longer. so try to get another dog thats the opposite sex if you don't want puppies make sure one or both are fixed. girl dogs can get cancer so its a good idea if you have or get a girl dog to get her fixed before she turns like 5 maybe... good luck introduce them carefully maybe even at a neutral place and see how that goes. You don't want the dog you have now to feel like he or she is being replaced . So treat them equal give them the same love. Good luck hope all 3 of you have many years of fun and love together.
I left out something might want to avoid terriers they can be a bit bitchy and have this everything is mine thing going on at least the girls do I had a sheltie and mom had a fox terrier if my sheltie yelped like from getting a foot stepped on my moms dog would attack my sheltie.any ways thats it from me
Hey adopting should be good and if ur dog is like somewhat a puppy get a dog about the same age. I hope it works out for ya.
I don't think the breed matters much. Similar size makes it easier, as does opposite sex (provided they're fixed). I would also avoid high drive breeds. A beagle mix is a good idea.
Good Luck!!
if the new dog is socialized with the beagle from puppyhood then any breed can apply. but just to make sure, u may want to look the breed up in the internet.
http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/bre...
http://www.terrificpets.com/dog_breeds/...
http://www.petnet.com.au/dogs/dogbreedin...
hope this helps! =)
Beagles can be a challenge, because like other scent-oriented dogs, they can stop hearing their owners all of a sudden! But my Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy is about the favorite dog of each of the two or three beagle/beagle mixes that attend my local dog park, because he's small enough to be nonthreatening but durable, self confident, friendly and playful enough to be just right for them. He's about 21 pounds now, will get to be about 25-30 pounds, so he's about the right size to wrestle. Be warned, they're VERY smart, as a breed probably somewhat smarter than beagles, so he may end up training your beagle, but they're not obsessive-compulsive like some other herding dogs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/pembroke_we...
Beagles do well with any dog. They are very docile. They love to have other "scent" dogs with them. A beagle's favorite thing to do is follow a scent.
any breed willget along if introduced correctly.
I have seen and had beagles with other beagles, a number of mixes, chis, poms, jack russels, danes, retievers, shelties, shepherds, just about anything and everything.I would make sure both are fixed.
another beagle if u can... beagle like to hunt and work as teams,,, they will"talk" to eachother while working... or at least try to get one about the same size...

No comments:

Post a Comment