Friday, May 21, 2010

What dogs are compatible with Jack Russell Terriers?

We are thinking about getting a new dog, my JRT is 5 years old and really hyper, she loves other dogs [a little too much] basically she annoys the crap out off them! My brother says Great Danes calm them down...but i like smaller dogs, any ideas?
Answers:
another jrt? or a pembroke welsh corgi. i love both dogs.

" good luck!
O
Labs but if you want a small dog. Probably pugs! I heard pugs are great family dogs but I have never owned one so don't take my word for it. But Get a male since yours is a female. That will be the best choice!
you can try a female west highland terrier...really sweet, tend to be active and will be a good friend and playmate to your jack russell
try other Jack Russells or a toy poodle
i have a terrier my mom a poddle and they play all the time
plus with a big dog may hurt the dog not meaning to
I think the only way you will calm you JRT down is another playful dog lots of activities,walks, and playtime so they can wear each other out. If you get a dog generally known to be calm and lazy that dog may find your JRT very annoying. Good luck!
its normal for jacks to b hyper,i hate to be objecttive ,i have raised both,in fact at one time i was raisn 5 diff. types of dogs.the only way i know is spade or nuither,the jack will get alittle more protective,,,,,sorry%26lt;>IS%26lt;>
labs basset hounds american bulldog pretty much any herding dog prob, make sure you get a male, or a mutt
I have two JRTs (ages 3, and 7 months). They get along just fine. However, Oreo is top dog.
I had a JR for 17 years. He got on with all my retrievers just fine, in fact he got on with every dog he ever met. He adored my Springer, they were great playmates. Nothing ever calmed him down though! I reckon he used to wind up all the other dogs in my house but he was a great little character who made us smile a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment