Friday, May 21, 2010

What don't you like about your dog's dog food you buy from stores?

Since I will be getting a dog soon...
Answers:
As far as marketing--
I like the pulltabs on top
I like the 2cup 16oz size of cans
As far as content--
most wet foods, and dry use rejected, substandard ingredients
I like dry foods with a higher fat content in a well sealed bag
I won't feed my dogs wheat as a general rule, but I will use foods with corn in them.
Most of it tastes kinda bland and it's dry and makes me cough.
I don't like that it is so expensive and that my dogs eat it all. I would suggest IAMS though. It is a great food thing. I have 3 dogs and if you have any other questions, email me.
it tastes a lil plan when i fry it , so jus add butter LOL
the price
My dog gets bored of it often, and i can't just switch foods on him because he'll get diarrhea. I usually put really small pieces of cheese in the food so that it will be more apealing to my beagle. Good luck with your dog! =]
Some of them don't have quality ingredients. Many of them have by products and '--meal'.
Try Innova Evo. It's not much more than the store brands, but it is a great quality food for pets.
hmm... i have no complaints about my dog's food. she eats canidae %26 she's a small dog so i like how they're small lil bites for her, oh and it's really healthy... i'm convinced that she eats better than i do!
I don't like the chemicals, and preservatives they put in dog foods, as well the by products of the slaughter industry, its just bacteria filled garbage. Good quality organic food with vegetables and some grains as well as protein from chicken, beef, lamb and liver are all good choices. I stay away from anything I can't pronounce so my dog doesn't get sick.
Well i dont like the smell of can food, it make me sick. i feed my dog left over's food From Xxdevil_anglexX
I dont like the mystery! I feed an organic food, no artificial preservatives, passed down pesticides or harmones, and no mysterious ingrediants. Its a little pricey but you will find that most foods these days has tons of empty calorie fillers. 1st of all these fillers are often triggers of allergies and Your dog will eat twice as much of this type of food and poop twice as much. You spend a little more on a quality food but they eat less and in the long run you'll spend less at the vet. Good luck w/ your new dog!
Be careful about advice you get off the net ... before you try IAMS as suggested, be sure to look them up on the net first to see all the problems they have caused other dogs and just how "wonderful" the company has treated the grieving owners.
Here's some to get you started:
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/...
http://petfoodtracker.blogspot.com/2007/...
http://www.petconnection.com/blog/2007/0...
IMHO, IAMS is one of the WORST foods ever! And let's not forget IAMS is made by P%26G who insists on continuing to torture animals with live testing. Look it up and if you care about your dog's health and/or have any compassion at all - you will RUN - not walk - away from IAMS! Try itchmo.com for some excellent discussions and advice on food and all other aspects of owning a dog.
The low quality of the ingredients. They are full of cheap fillers %26 by products..they really haven't got a lot of nutritional value for a dog...it takes up to 3 times as much of these cheap foods for a dog to get proper nutrition then it does of a good quality food.
Store foods have way too many allergy causing ingredients as well as are too high in carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment