Monday, May 24, 2010

What if you agree to let sumone do sumthing and she make it die?

my mom's boyfriend has a problem with her beloved dogs that keep producing litters. in indonesia it isnt common to sterilize dogs and operation is sumthing bad.
allright so i told her she has to sterilize her dog otherwise it will keep producing litters. ( she cant separate the dogs due some condition, hormonal injection has been done but there are times she forget and the dogs make litters)
so i accompany her, I pick the vet, I pay the cost and I took the dog to the vet.
then i leave the town the next day because i got job somewhereelse.
after operation the dog hit the door and hurt her leg and drag it.
one week after, the operation wound heal, the leg is swollen and ..you know it produce the oozing white liquid coming out from it. the vet who operate iher says its okay, it will heal in 1 week.
just a week after the vet says so, the dog died.
then my bf contact other vet ( seems he lost trust w the 1st vet) and the 2nd vet says the dog is died from
Answers:
You were not in town when the dog hit the door, nor did you make the decision to NOT take the dog back to the vet immediately. This was her fault, not yours. And when the vet said the dog was okay, I bet he gave her some antibiotic tablets which she neglected to give to her dog. Otherwise, the dog would be alive today.
This is one of those situations where you offer your condolences with a card to the owner. That is all you are required to do under laws of etiquette and liability.
TX Mom
not lawyer
If the dog has something white oozing from its leg its an infection and needed antibiotics. Infections spread if not treated and can result in death..Not to be rude but atleast this dog wont be producing more unwanted pups. If the dog died from internal bleeding it has nothing to do with what was "oozing" from its leg. That would have had to be one hell of a hit on the door for internal bleeding to occure. Had it happened during surgery there are blood tests done to check the Red/white blood counts if either were off she'd not have been sent home. And I dont know about there but where I live a dog stays over night for observation if something was wrong with it prior to discharge it wouldnt have gone home. Furthermore unless this new vet did an autopsy she can not say for sure it was due to internal bleeding. And if your mom couldnt pay to have the dog fixed I hightly doubt she'd pay the cost for an autopsy
the dog is dead from what??
if you think it is your fault you are so wrong if it is any1 fault its the vets because the vet should of done more when the dog got hurt this in no way could possibly be your fault
tell her ur really sorry n if there's anything u can do for her, n that u'll always be there for her
Animal medical care in Indonesia is done differently than animal care in the states. Whether we agree with it or not is irrelevant, each nation has its own customs and mores. You did the best you knew how to do with the culture you live in. Your dog died from infection, sepsis. You didn't cause it. Hopefully your boyfriend's Mom will understand that someday.
I'm really sorry the family lost their pet. And I am sorry that the medical care available to the dog was not able to save it.
I agre that your mother's dog had an infection. The operating vet has lost your bf's trust for a very good reason. That vet should have recognized the infection and given antibiotics. It wasn't the operation that killed her. Show these answers to your mom, and tell her though you are sorry, some vet-educated people don't think the operation was the problem. I am so sorry for your situation. You were right that spaying is a good idea. If it isn't common in your locality yet, then maybe the vet wasn't as confident or experienced at it, and didn't want to admit it. I hope this changes, and I am proud of you for trying.
What a terrible, terrible thing to have happen. My heart goes out to you both. I know nothing about foreign countries and how the handle pet control, but something went horribly wrong. You were doing the right thing by stopping the unwanted litter. This isn't your fault. I'm sure your mother understands this and doesn't blame you. The only the you can do for her is be there for her. She'll have to go through her own grieving process. It's very hard to lose a pet and it will take time for the hurt to heal
Try not to be so hard on yourself - your not to blame.
If I were you I'd do some investigating on my own. I can't see how hitting the door would do so much damage. Didn;t you say the BF didn't like the dogs? I'd go straight to the vet that did the operatio and find out exactly what went on. I'd check with the second vet also. I can't believe the vet could be so careless. If in fact the vet is to blame I'd look into some sort of legle action. There must be someone you can report this to. A vet like that shouldn't be practing .
I hope you find the answers your looking for I do feel so bad for you both take care.
Then get it SPAYED!!!!!
You did the right thing,the Vet is the expert not you.It is not your fault,you were trying to help.Tell this to your family,surely they will forgive you!

No comments:

Post a Comment