Monday, May 24, 2010

What if you cant pay the vet bill?

My dog got hit and had surgery. It came to 1200 and still counting. I paidd 700 but I heard of organizations that can help . I live in canada b.c. I want my dog but I cant afford to pay the rest.
Answers:
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/...
%26lt;%26lt;Here is some help for those who need help with emergency vet services. DO NOT let your pet suffer!!
This information is for both rescue people and individuals. I'm posting a list of organizations that may be able to help in times of emergency when the difference between saving your pets life is the difference in whether or not you can pay the vet bill.
Note: these organizations help only in EMERGENCY situations - not for people who can't or won't provide basic care - although I think there are some organizations listed here who provide help to special needs people, like elderly who are on fixed incomes. >>
http://imom.org/fa/
www.aahahelpingpets.org
www.thepetfund.com
www.carecredit.com
www.help-a-pet.org
www.imom.org
www.fveap.org (for cats)
www.handicappedpets.com
www.uan.org
www.nysave.org
http://www.angels4animals.org/
Do you have a credit card that you could charge some of the treatments to? Also check and see if your vet will let you set up a payment plan to pay so much each month until you have the bill paid in full.
There's a credit card called Care Credit for medical bills (including vet bills). Of course, you do need to have some credit. I got it when my dog broke his leg. What everyone told me was that the interest was very good (I think 0 percent) for a year and after that they hit you with really high interest. So pay it in that time or else transfer the balance to another card.
I couldn't afford to pay my dog's bill when he broke his leg, either. I thought that there was some organization, but from my experience, there really isn't any one place.
Is your dog a purebred dog? If so, contact the national and local purebred rescues. Some of these help out dogs of their breed if they have extra cash.
Good luck!
Pet Insurance is always a good choice.
Vet bills can be very expensive and something you have to consider when buying a new puppy or kitten. we are getting our new puppy insured, microchipped and spayed when she is 6 months.
so take some advice, and get your pet insured.
Talk to your vet they would be the most help. They will help you cause they want you to have your pet and they want your pet to be healthy as well.
Ask someone at the office about a payment plan if your up front and tell them you situation i bet they will understand and let you pay a little over time considering you paid 700 up front. just talk with them and be honest.
I would discuss your situation with your vet. Most vets that I have come across are willing in situations such as this (especially when it was an accident and has excessive bills) to allow you to pay over time. Ask if it would be possible to set up a payment plan over the next few months until you are able to pay off what is owed. Make sure you are also open to paying some interest on the money. Honestly vets tend to be very reasonable people in these situations and want the best for their patients! I hope your dog heals well! Good luck!
Have you discussed it with your vet ?
Usually they are very good about coming up with payment plans for situations like this especially as you have already paid a lot of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment