Monday, May 24, 2010

What has your experience been with your Papillon?

If you have, have had or know a Papillon, what has your experience with the breed been like? I have a 9 month old who I've had for 6 months. He's wonderful and absolutely everything I could ask for- no bad habits, easy to train and very loyal and affectionate.
Also, does anyone know a good place online (other than cafepress) to get breed specific merchandise like decorations, clothes, etc.?
Answers:
Out of all the breeds I've worked with, my papillon has been by far the easiest to train.
She is definitely a trickster though, which is just part of having an intelligent breed.
- She knows what she is and isn't allowed to do, but tries to trick me. (Like she'll take one of her toys over to something she knows she's not supposed to chew on, position the toy in front of her mouth, and still chew on the forbidden item.)
- She also tricked my parents poodle when I was dog-sitting for them a couple weeks ago. She would run to the door and bark so the poodle would drop the toy it had to check out what the commotion was about, then my pap would run back and steal the dropped toy.
She makes me keep my kitchen clean! She can jump a good 4 feet into the air and steal items off the kitchen counter if they are near the edge. (She can get her head and front paws above the counter top.)
I am very pleased with the breed, my next dog will definitely be another papillon! :) I'm planning on getting another one in the next 2 years or so.
We had one who died of old age and we have an 11 year old one right now that we had since he was a pup. Both are nice friendly dogs but both were very stubborn about housebreaking. A friend had 2 brothers and they were the same way. It is said they are the smartest of the toy breeds.
they are adorable! i know that!
A friend from a Chinese Crested forum has a pap and its been a great dog for her. I got to meet it a few times.. very friendly and quiet... well behaved.

A friend of mine makes dog clothing, and has recently started doing embroidery on people T'shirts, potholders and towels, and other items
www.championdogclothes.com
also, this lady does make alot of breed-specific stuff
www.doggiedoodles.com
try ebay for breed-specific stuff too
I have a website that i set up a few months ago that does exactly that, Papillon Merchandise, i also create custom work that is specifically created using your photographs etc. If you are interested check out
http://www.demanddesign.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment