Monday, May 24, 2010

What is a better guard dog?

A Siberian Husky or a German Shepherd?
I Live on a farm. Thx
Answers:
Both would run out to people driving into the yard and bark to notify that there is somebody there. If you want a dog that attacks you should rethink the whole thing. Both would be protective of you and your farm as far as notifying you. If you really want an alarm system tho I would have one installed and just enjoy the pet.no dog is a fail proof guard dog. Good Luck!!
german shepard there cop dogs
GS
German Shepherd
Which ever one has the highest drive.
German Shepherd!!!
rember there police dogs!!
siberian huskey is for he snow but there very CUTE!!
German Shepards are the types cops use and i live on a farm too and my dog is part german shepard. he is sweet around kids but he is the best gaurd dog we have ever had
The German Shepherd would be the better guard dog. The Siberian Husky will bark and how a lot - but they tend to run away a lot due to their instinct to run.
Definitly a GSD. Husky's were not developed and bred for protection/guardian work.
In my opinion, the German Shepherd is, but I also agree with the previous comment about which one has the drive. German Shepherds were bred for characteristics that lend themselves to things like herding, guarding, etc. The Siberian Husky was bred for characteristics specific to getting the job done (i.e. getting a sled from point A to point B). Huskies tend to be a little more independent and tend to want to roam. I have a German Shepherd and I also have a Siberian Husky mix. The latter definitely has an independent streak whereas the German Shepherd snaps and comes to attention when I call his name. He also follows me everywhere.
if you really want something to alert you to intruders get a chihuahua. i have 2 . nobody comes in my house,they walk past my lab,pitbull and retriever, but never get past the chi's!!
Not a husky, to nice. They will just wag their tail and smile at anyone who comes near them. Not saying German Shepards aren't nice, but they have more sense of territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment