Friday, May 21, 2010

What dog is right for us?

My husband and I are recently married and we want to get a dog. We live in an apartment and are a block away from a park. I want a small dog-which breed is right for us?
Answers:
Pomeranians and miniature Daschunds are nice little dogs. They are very affectionate, protective, and not nervous lickers like small Poodles. Remember, they all need exercise and walks to be happy. You need to play with them too because they are smart dogs and need stimulation.
chihuahua
ummm i would say a golden retriver but you want a little one so umm poodle!!!!
Pugs adapt well to small apartments.
Chihuahua is not a dog to get,,,
trust me! i have one!
a pomeranian is a good one to get,,,

or a little poodle.
Don`t get something too tiny .LOL, I have a pom and let me tell you, you`re always watching behind you for the pup so you don`t hurt him or step on him.. Try something small but hardy, ( Bichon Frise, or Shitz Shu).It`s soooo upsetting when they get hurt unintentionally. Bichon Frises don`t shed and they are as cute as teddy bears...
go to a shelter and find one that fits ur personality and lifestyle. i guarantee it that anyone on here is going to tell u what their favorite breed of dog is so just go to a shelter. u will be very glad that u did
i would go to a shelter and pick a dog u want every one will tell u what dog they want pick a dog that you want
Yes, small dog is cool, i have a mix-poodle and shes really cute and nice.
For you that you live in a apartmen go fora small dog.
I would definitely stick with something small. A big dog would be too pinned up in an apartment. Maybe try a Miniature Schnauzer. My aunt has had 2 different Miniature Schnauzers and loves them! They are very sweet dogs and good companions. My cousin has a long haired dachsund (aka weiner dog) and it is really sweet and playful.
I wouldn't listen to the people here. They are only naming dogs that they like. YOU know our home the best, you should pick the breed. Get the book Your Purebred Puppy, it has over 150 breed profiles. It helped me choose my breed. There are like 10 catagories, shedding, exercise, indoor excercise, grooming, and some others too. Get the book!
www.howtochoosetherightdog.com
I suggest you check this site as some of the breeds recommended aren't so great.
Check out some information on a French Bulldog. They are perfect for apartments and only get to be around 25 pounds. Very cute dog as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment