Friday, July 31, 2009

What do I feed my dog?

I really need a dog food that helps control weight, cleans teeth, and keeps their bones and muscles strong. My dog Coco is very active so I need a food that keeps her that way. all I need is a really good food. Right now im feeding my dogs Natural choice, Pedigree, and Beniful (im trying to get rid of Beneful as quick as I can) Plz HELP!!
Answers:
get rid of pedigree too if u cant afford the expensive stuff get authority HARVEST BAKED
eukanuba is an excellent brand of dog food and can give ur dog everything you asked for here the only thing is its expensive but the better the dog food the more expensive! i feed my dogs pedigree because i have 3 i cant afford a 30 dollar bag of dog food when i run out in less than a month! so i feed them pedigree it isnt so great but its not that expensive if you only have 1-2 dogs than eukanuba is an excellent choice (this is coming from a breeder) ive been breeding animals since i was 7!
Try cat food that works.
DOG FOOD , MEAT , OR A BONE .
I feed my dog Pedigree and she will be 18 in October. The Vet says she is very healthy for her age. She has led a very active life. If you don't feel like what you are giving your dog is enough, then supplement with vitamins. You can buy them at any pet store. You should also choose one food and stick with it. Switching foods can cause gastric distress in most dogs which is not healthy. Good luck and I hope you have your dog for as many years as I've had mine.
Most brands have 'mature' or 'older' blends of dog biscuits. These usually have high calcium and low fat (coz older dogs put on weight easier just like humans). We use Supercoat which actually has the fat content listed on the front of the pack (14% puppy, 8% mature). I don't know if they clean teeth though, maybe get a denta-bone
If you want to go more natural then uncooked chicken wings are good too.
I feed my dogs Authority Harvest Baked. We buy it at Petsmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment