Friday, July 31, 2009

What do I do?

Turns out that I got another dog named Heidi. She's my cousin's dog. Micah, my cousin is gone to Hawaii for a month with his girlfriend to see his mom, Aunt Shirley. It has been 26 days since he has left. Ever since he left in the first place, I've been giving her love and affection. She follows me around all the time, which I don't mind... but now... it's gone too far! When I dress in the bathroom, she nudges the door open. Same as that when i pee and poop. What do I do? Help Me!!!!!!!!!!... Emphasis on ME!!!!!
Answers:
I agree with Margaret T. I think the dog just has seperation anxiety maybe. My dogs (and cats) do the same thing. I'll be in the little powder room which is really only big enough for me and I'll get two German Shepherd dogs and two cats in there with me for crying out loud! I tell them, "Can't a girl have a little privacy around here?" LOL
Anyway, no big deal for me. I figure I'll just give them what they want: a little pet on the head. It's not like I'm busy at the moment, right?
My advice? Get used to it. Enjoy it. Chill.
You have a lock on the door??
lock the bathroom door...
Aw, she just loves you. Try to shut the door when it latches and tell her you don't need canine supervision. That last part may not help as much.
id shoot the lil b!tch
but hey, thats just my opinion
lock the door or put a weg in it so she cant come in. she must see some thing she likes =^}
Why not put a door on the bathroom ? Problem solved ! ...OR .....You could ask her to marry you .
She love you! Just shut the door tight, lock it and no problem.
she probly thinks her other ower isgone for good and that you are her new one when her real onwer comes back she should leave you alone
Aww! She loves you a lot! You can lock the bathroom door. Then, also, since it seems that she loves you a lot, if you tell her sternly that no, or if you stare at her directly into the eyes until she lowers her head, she'll understand that what she is doing is not right,}
If you kind of give her a stern growl, say no in a stern way, or stare at her directly into her eyes until she lowers her head, she'll respond instinctively to this because in packs the Alpha does that (except the "no" part, but will "speak" at them through barks in a stern way) when what a pack member is doing isn't right.
Good luck!
Deal with it for 5 more days. The dog is showing affection.
She wants company...and she knows that you have shown her love and affection. She is probably confused and lonely. She doesn't know that your cousin only went on a trip. As far as she's concerned, she will be with you forever. So, she reassuring herself that you haven't gone anywhere, that the person who is feeding her, loving her, and petting her is still there. Kind of like a little kid.
I have a rescue dog that has taken me as the person who he loves. He also will come into the bathroom when I'm using it, and hey, since I'm not really doing much of anything that takes concentration, I don't think it's a bad time to get some petting in. Some people read, I pet my dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment