Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What can I give my dog to settle his stomach?

My little buddy likes to get up eat quickly and go run outside. After he gets hot, he has trouble holding his food down. I know that the Bishon-poo is prone to motion sickness but I would like to know if there is something I can do to help him. Thanks in advance!
Answers:
Alittle bit of rice water. Cook your rice and give him/her the water that will help.
Break his habit of going out and running around right after eating...especially if you know that he is getting sick in doing so! Split up his food into different times.some in the morning, some in the evening. Don't let him run around afterwards...take him for a walk on his leash if he really needs to go outside right after eating. You don't need to medicate...you just need to adjust his eating habits.
give him shorter, more frequent meals, or try spreading out the food so he's not eating it so fast. make sure he has some time to relax before going outside. if he has to go heep him on a leash. and keep him hydrated. he's just a jumpy little guy who will just keep on going.
A bit of PeptoBismal.

No comments:

Post a Comment