Thursday, July 30, 2009

What did you teach your dog that...?

have you tought your dog something a lot of people dont teach to their dog?
[like... today i was watching pet star and i saw a little dog pray it was cute ]
soo whats unique that your dog can do?
Answers:
I taught my mastiff, Bowser, to ring the doorbell with his nose when he wants to come in from the backyard.
Praying and bowing are common tricks of professional pet actors.
My dog's unique ability is a form of mind control where in, even though there is a no-scrap policy in place, he still manages to get fed something off of a family member's plate every night.
my 8 month old lab puppy will sit and lay down by hand commands i don't have to say a word to her i just move my hand a certain way and she does what she suppose to. it only took me 10 minutes to teach her to lay down using only a finger and a couple treats
my dog whispers, which is when she looks like she's barking but no sound comes out. She also plays dead when i say "bang" which is a bit more common
I don't know if this is unique, but I think it is super cute. I tell my dog to sit, then I hide either a treat or toy in one of my hands behind my back. I bring both fists in front of me, and tell her to pick a hand. She picks one hand by placing her paw on my fist. When she gets it right I will give her the treat. She always gets it right. I know it is probably because she can smell it, but I think it is sooo cute.
One of my dogs will respond to some German commands -- I like to lean out my window and tell him to do things in German, and have him comply, while my neighbors are watching LOL. He knows all sorts of things, but I wouldn't consider any of them to be particularly "unique".
This is not really cute, but it is something that's not exactly common that we've taught our Chihuahua - - - he uses a litterbox. Only took him a couple of days to learn. Smart puppy!
My dog can ring a bell to say he needs to go outside. He touches the bathroom faucet to ask for a drink of water. He knows the difference of his right and left paw and can lift the correct one on command - very helpful to put his harness on him. He knows the command "push". He knows all of his toys by name and also some of them by sign language. He also loves to play hide and seek for one of his plushy toys. We hide it, he has to go find it.
But best of all, we taught him to jump up on a therapy ball and either stand, sit or lay on it and catch tennis balls as they are thrown to him. We took first at a pet trick contest put on by Petco.
Be creative and have fun. You can shape almost any behavior with the right motivation.
i taught my dog how to shake ppls hand. she will sit first and if u put ur hand infront of her she will put her paw.. as if she were shakin... i think thats unique my friend has tried teaching her dog that but he cant get it done yet...
My dog can howl on demand. She was howling anyway, mostly when she couldn't wait for her dinner, so I started saying "speak" when she did (and sometimes howling myself to get the point across), now she'll always do it. It's pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment