Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What can or should I do about this?

I was on vacation until yesterday, and left a 'friend' to feed my dog and turtles for me. I came home yesterday to find my blinds shredded, my window broken, my dog missing and his food bowl in the exact place I left it BEFORE i went on vacation. My neighbors were watching my house for me and said the 'friend' that was supposed to feed my pets never once showed up. My other neighbors say that they heard my dog break my window the day before I returned, so he was without any food or water for AT LEAST a week. What can I do? I found my dog and he is doing okay, and my turtles made it, but anything could have happened to them! What should I do? Should I talk to him or give him the cold shoulder or what? I at least have to talk to him once to get my house key back, but I do not want to have anything more to do with this person. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
Answers:
Do just what you said,talk to him once,get the key back and then tell him where to go..He's a cruel heartless person and someone should lock him in a room with no food or water for a week!!
go get your house key back, yell and shout at him...give him hell!
dont give him/her the cold shoulder at first, first you should call him/her and ask them about what happened.ask why they didnt come, and tell them what could have happened. THEN give them the cold shoulder. make sure your dog has plenty of water and is drinking a lot of it because thats most important and if your dog hasnt had water in over a week, than thats not good. hope this helps..and good luck!
I would go absolutely BALLISTIC!!! Give this person a piece of your mind,get your keys back and tell them that you NEVER want to see them again. That is a disgraceful way to behave!! Someone should lock them up in a house for a week with no food or water and see how they like it!
Definitely talk with this person face to face. Depending on his answers of why he did not take care of your animals/house, etc. - maybe change your locks - go with your gut feeling, if you feel you cannot trust him. I'm sorry you returned home and found such a mess but at least you found your dog and he is OK. Good luck -- Try and stay calm which I'm sure if going to be very hard to do!
Obviously that person is not your friend or someone who cares about animals. I would not visit him at all. I would simply have my lock change. Someone like that is not to be trusted in any way shape or form. Who knows he may have already made a duplicate key. Just change the lock.
When you ask for your key back you might ask him for an explanation. Not that it will help now, but I suppose it is just possible that he could have broken his leg or something..
of course in that case he should have gotten someone to fill in for him at your house.in any case I agree that you should not expect him to be a part of your life in the future. That doesn't mean yo have to retaliate.just chalk it us to experience.
Glad your animals are ok.
I would certainly let him know that what he did was unforgivable. If he couldnt take care of the animals after saying he would, he should of found someone else to do it. Other than that I dont think there is any thing that you can do. You could ask him if he would like to be treated like he treated your pets, and tell him he is disgusting!
i wouldn't even talk to him to get my key back change the lock and don't have anything to with him you trusted him and he broke that trust would you talk to him if your dog was gone for good or even your turtles i would list him as a bad experience and go on with nothing to with him think of the hell your dog went threw
omg!! that's a horible story!! I would ask why he didn't go to your house %26 ask 4 the key back.tell him thanx 4 the key %26 leave. don't get mad or blow up. just leave.
I'm glad ur pets r ok! sorry to hear what happened.
If the damage was bad enough, document it using a camera and notes and, if you really feel its necessary, take legal action. Have this friend pay for the damage done to your house and dog.
And, if you ever go away like that again, you may want to consider a dog motel.
Get him to explain why he never turned up - for all you know he may have just spent a week locked up - then again he could just be the @rse he sounds like.
What I would like to know though is why didn't your neighbour do something if they knew he was supposed to be feeding them - even dropping some food through your letterbox if they didn't have a key would have helped at least your dog.
Well first you should make sure it was actually your dog who broke the window and not someone else. Are your neighbors sure it was the dog? You say they heard it but that doesn't mean the dog did it.
Its good your dog is ok,aswell as your turtles. I would leave your spare key with neighbors next time and have them feed your pets. If not then maybe a close family member. If even that doesn't turn out well try a Vet or pet boarding place. They take pets and feed them until you get back.
Now about this so called "friend" I would first find out if he did or didn't come to the house. I mean your neighbors couldn't have possibly watched to see if anyone came the whole day. I would check the food bags to see if there is the same amount as the day you left. Then you should be able to tell weather your animals were Fed or not. Also when you fed your dog did he seem more hungry than he normally is? If you feel he didn't come then i would get the spare key back and ask why he didn't come to feed your pets. If he says he did point out the reasons you dont think he did and if you dont feel he comes up with a good reason
(which there really isn't one) give him the cold shoulder.

Im not sure you could take much legal action. If you didnt ask him to watch over your house then you couldnt take legal action for that. For the judge will say it is not his fault.
If your dog isnt in a horrible condition and you have no "hard" proof of him not coming, you wouldnt win the case.

Well know that you know it was for sure your dog then I would know for certain he wasnt watching over your animals. And to tell you a lie is even worse. Im trying to see if you can take legal action, i mean you can but im not sure you would win the case. Has your dog ever broken a window before? If not then its an obvious attempt trying to get to some food and water. That may be something you could sue him for.
omigod..thx goodness he knows how to escape. Go get your house key back and confront him at the same time. Bring someone along with you when you do coz you won't know what this 'friend' might do next. If you dont need you keys back, you need to change the locks asap. Btw, I wouldnt want to have anything to do with such people after all this. I cant trust anyone enough (at least from where I come from) to let them take care of my dog..let alone give them my house keys. Send him to a proper boarding or kennels next time. Be tough..
dont give him/her the cold shoulder at first, first you should call him/her and ask them about what happened. than if he/she is having a hard time 2 anwser the question you should start yelling at him. make him/her tell you why he didnt come and if he/she does have your dog tell him/her that your better be SAFE!!!!
I would, in your position, press charges if there are applicable laws in your area, plus... sounds like he needs to pay for your window, being that he left your children unattended like that (I call them children, because my dogs are my kids, and I'm guessing you feel the same way about your animals)
Demand your key back. If this "friend" doesn't give back the key threaten with legal action. I would keep demanding your key back but change your locks just in case. You never know. But keep demanding your key back until you get a new one and make him pay for the broken window. then after everything is said and done tell him to go to hell. I'm glad that your dog and turtles are ok.
I would have to confront that person. That is just wrong. I would get my key back and let him know how you feel. Then be done. I would be careful in how I talked to him. You may want to take a witness along. A person that could do that to a helpless animal could be dangerous. Good luck.
Change your locks. Don't bother to speak to him again. He may lie to you again. He has proved totally untrustworthy and might have had your keys copied. I sincerely hope your animals are ok.
Make sure you get back your house key. Since He has not given it back you have to go and get it. If you don't get it back you'll have to have the locks changed. Someone who would do that to any animal is not worth associating with. Do not be afraid of hurting his feelings he didn't care about the dogs feelings did he? Have nothing more to do with him. I associate how people treat animals to the way they treat people. He would probably treat you the same way he did the dog.
Yes, dogs are very cute, and yes, i agree that you should try a new product.
i would call animal control and turn in him in for animal abuse. i can not even think how your dog felt with no food or water and to have to risk his life jumping through a window to eat you need to hang this guy he is scum of the earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment