Friday, July 31, 2009

What do you think about PETA?

Just curious about what everyone's opinion on PETA.
Answers:
In my opinion, PETA is a horrible group! I absolutely despise them.
PETA is an extremist group. They say they have the best interest of the animals in mind, but I don't believe it. Although I have no proof of it, I would suspect that many of their "under-cover videos" are even staged, which is sad.
They also don't think people should have pets. There's no way I could support that.
PETA kills animals: http://www.petakillsanimals.com/...
I also could never NEVER support a group that intentionally inflicts psychological damage to children and tries to get to the parents by USING the children and attempting to make the children fearful of their own parents. They have handed out the following comics to children:
You Mommy Kills Animals - http://www.furisdead.com/feat-momfur.asp...
Your Daddy Kills Animals - http://www.fishinghurts.com/feat-newcomi...
I don't have all the information handy, but at one point a year or so ago, I decided to read through the PETA site. What I found was a wealth of mis-information and information skewed to support their "cause".
In short, they are a destructive group that go about things completely the wrong way. They "protest" by interfering with others in ways that should not be done.
* They disrupted VS fashion show a couple years ago: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/11/1...
* Although they have discontinued the practice, they used to attack people with spray-paint that were wearing fur coats. (Their website now says "if you have a fur coat, donate it to a homeless person.")
(There are numerous other examples, you can do a search on the internet and find them.)
.
They are currupt %26 do NOTHING for animals!
I don't think much of them, and I think the ways they try to deliver their messages often are so extreme that it backfires on me. Actually, I don't think very well of them at all.
Where I come from, good girls don't say such words...
I'm not a good girl, but yahoo will just edit those words out.
I see it the same way I see religion. The potential to be beneficial is there...some people just take it a little too far.
I don't have a doubt most of the people in the organization care very much for animals, I just think their obsessiveness sometimes causes them to make poor choices.
Heads full of air.
Eh..I like what they do, and I understand to a certain degree I mean I don't like testing human products on animals (such as makeup and shampoo) but I think that if animal testing will help save the lives of millions of people, why not? They're so hypocritical that it annoys me. I mean 'save the animals don't use them for testing' yet one of the uppity ups uses insulin (which was discovered due to animal testing) I mean if she's such a big PETA person, she should just stop using insulin and die...
they do nothing good
I think PETA is great; for once; people are standing up for animals; and trying to end testing on them and cruelty towards them;
although; i've heard rumours of bad things they've done;
I agree with them about some things. I wish to stop animal abuse. But I think that sometimes they are just way over the top. They believe that no animals should be kept as pets, they feel that they all belong in the wild. I personally like my pets, and I know they like living with me. They are also over the top in a lot of other ways too.
They get a little fanatical at times. Their premise is great, I'm all for it. But sometimes they go a little over the top.
I've heard some things from people.
Peta Eats Tasty Animals
People Eat Tasty Animals
Without them, this World would be a lot worse for our animal friends... PS They've been after Michael Vick for years...
They are corrupt, have no interest in the protection of animals at all, They are a terriost group according to the US goverment.
They take unknowing people money and spend it on themselves not on any animals at all.
There a fraud agains all animal rights.
I dont support them and I never will.
pen and teller did a cool show on them, here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ijlulwu...
PETA is a joke, just like the supporters who have pets. Far too many people don't understand the difference between animal welfare and animal rights. If you're going to support something, you better make certain you know what it's about.
Animal Activist or Animal Advocate?
Animal RIGHTS or Animal WELFARE?
Do YOU know the difference?
http://www.ncraoa.com/ar_vs_aw.html...
After I saw the pictures of what they did to the animals I decided to not like them.
I'm all against animal cruelty, however I see benefit from animal testing. Not the painful cruel 'testing' but the actual experiments that test drugs that could cure millions.
To me PETA is on the same level of fanaticism as the 9/11 terrorists and the like. Be against animal cruelty, but not to the point of being cruel to humans to make a point (although PETA usually goes so overboard they don't really make one.)
Christinia L said everything I wanted to say, and she said it perfectly.
PETA is a big joke. They are a terrorist group that wants to do away with animal ownership. They complain about animal rights, they do their fair share of killing pets. I don't support PETA, %26 never will.
You are aware that PETA is on the terrorist watch list I presume.
The reality is that PETA wants ALL animal exploitation stopped. This means everything, what you eat, the pets you have, the animals that serve you in any way.
PETA doesn't care one iota about your animals, their only concern is which barn to burn next.
Initially, it was all about and for the best interest of the animals. Now... they've got their priorities all screwed up!
There are many private small breeders that shouldn't have dogs let alone have the knowledge to breed responsibly, which makes all (most) reputable, responsible, ethical breeders look just as bad, but if Peta would put forth a little effort in shutting down Commercial Breeders and Puppymills, the BYB'ing would significantly shrink also. Low cost, poor quailty purebreds wouldn't be as readily available, therefore reducing the overpopulated shelter %26 rescues.
JMO
They are terroristic nuts.
Fanatics, like all terrorists, cause more damage than good, regardless of their motives. It is a shame that we can't have a happy medium in the protection of animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment