Friday, July 31, 2009

What do you think about the petsafe wireless instant fence?

we are thinking of getting it
Answers:
I have known many dogs that went right thru the fence. My g/f's MinPin went thru her invisible fence and broke her leg, twice. It does nothing to prevent stray dogs form coming over, beating up your dog and leaving feces and fleas. At my dog obed class there was a man with a Rott and he sold Invisible Fences, he bragged about how wonderful they were so I told him I didn't belive in them. Lots of dogs will blow thru the fence after another dog or squirrel and if they are not HBC when they try to go back into their yard they get shocked. This teaches them home=shock so they can not get home and are on the road. He poo pooed my objections and said he Rott never went thru it. Two years later he was back at class with a different Rott, he saw me and told me I had been right and he no longer sold the fences. His Rott went thru the fence after a cat and was killed by the car going by. The one and only time in 2 yrs he went thru he was killed. He installed a chain link fence b4 he go this new dog.
If you are really into it then buy it! But from experience they don't fully work. The dog will not know it at first but he is able to escape. In time he will learn that he can run throught the fence and get free. And my dog did and he was hit by a car, but managed to walk all the way back to my house and die on my deck. :(
If you mean the type of fence that alerts the dog he's reached the boundary of his territory via a "buzz" or mild shock through his collar, I guess they work well enough. Only problem is, it allows other stray dogs and animals onto your property ( since they're not wearing a control collar, and there's no fence boundary to stop them ) and fights and other problems could ensue. If your dog tried to defend himself from another dog, then followed him to maybe continue the fight, he would get the signal through the collar repeatedly, and that isn't really fair, is it ? I'd rather have the dog safely contained behind a fence, because I assume these collars can sometimes fail due to sudden power outages, etc. , then your dog could conceivably wander out into traffic, too.They may seem like a good idea, but are they?
Do not use a wireless fence. The technology sucks and it does not work. I am a dealer for Pet Stop Brand fencing and I would rather see someone buy from any of my competitors than to get one of the wireless ones. Electronic fencing works. I have been involved with this type of fencing for well over 5 years and I have a 100% containment rating.
If you would like more information you can visit www.petstop.com
I just bought one the other week. I think it works good i have a pittbull and a dobberman.They arent the biggest dogs but they arent little either. At first it spooked them but after a few days they had it figured out. I was just out a minute ago and some kids came by and my pittbull ran right through it but i quickly relized i had it set on the low level since i figured they new the boudries basically im saying they will try to get out but if you set it on the right level they will stay in your yard. Im 100% satisfied with the system and think it is safe. Dont think of it as a shock from a outlet think of it as a gag lighter that shocks you. if you want to build a fence go ahead if you want to send him to dog training goahead but this system works and has proved itself to me. Enjoy your fence!

No comments:

Post a Comment