Thursday, July 30, 2009

What do I do if my dog has fleas??

my dog is a border collie, which means that he has a lot of fur. hes been scratching a lot and rolling in the dirt and i dont know how i am going to get rid of the fleas with the amount of fur he has.
Answers:
Buy some frontline or advantage flea drops. First off give your dog a bath with flea shampoo %26 brush him out.
Frontline... But he may just need a good bath if he is rolling in dirt.. But it is best during the summer months to keep frontline on him for his health.
Frontline is what i use on my dogs. Also, i have heard (never tried) putting salt in your carpet, and leaving it for a few days, can kill off fleas. I know they have shampoos for dogs for this. Your vet may have some better suggestions. Maybe getting her groomed would help. Hope some of these suggestions help! Fleas are the pits!
Purchase Advantage or Frontline from the vet.
frontline plus is best it worked on our old weimeriner!
Easy.
You can buy flea shampoo and take him a shower and'or give him frontline
Doesn't matter how much fur he has,procedure is same for all dogs.
Get Frontline or Advantage (Advantix if you are in a tick area - most of us are)
part the fur at the back of your dog's neck and apply the liquid directly to his skin.
Do this every single month and he will not have fleas.
Just made sure you get the right size flea killer for your dog - it really works.
well my mom heard from a friend that dawn dish soap kills all of the fleas on yur dog. maybe the dawn will work for yu.
I have a long haired german shepherd alot of fur,took him to the vet and the vet gave him a pill at the office and another one for at home and also told me to bathe my dog with DAWN DISH LIQUID I thought he was crazy,but it works,so now once a month he gets a bath with the dish soap,it suffocates the fleas and all other bugs that may be on the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment