Friday, July 31, 2009

What do you do when people want your dog gone?

yes she is a pitbull
yes she has killed another dog
no she has never bit someone
Answers:
she should be humanely killed along with the rest of the breed
my neighbors want my dog gone too. just because he barks at them when they look like they r approaching his territory. all he is trying to do is protect his family and home. i just ignore these people. the only way they can make u get rid of ur dog is if the police r involved but unless u live in an area with breed specific legislations then u r fine. unless they report ur dog as vicious because it killed another dog but other than that i would just ignore them some people need to pull their heads out of their @sses
YOU GIVE IT TO THEM

p.s our avatars look alot alike
hmm... well i don't know what to say, but usually dogs get put down when they kill other dogs...
You should never give her an opportunity to kill another dog.
As an owner of pitbull, and you know how people think about pitbull. It is you responsibility.
Yes, she only kill another dog, but give a chance, she might kill little kid.
As a dog lover, I'll say fight for your dog. But if I were your neighbor, I'll say, let them take the dog away.
First of all "Diox" is a idiot!
Not really sure how to answer your question since your dog did kill another dog... I have a pit bull also.. and if your dog killed mine... well, to say the least me and you would be fighting...I can see your side and your neighbors... but if your wanting to keep your dog alive you need to start being a more responsible pit owner... and fast
So both dogs were yours, I'd say you do not know how to handle such a powerful breed of dog. Did you train them or take them to any classes? As a Pit Bull owner it was your responsibility to take care of both dogs, now one is dead and in the worst possible way dog fighting (like pit bulls don't already have bad reputation)
It's probably Little late for a muzzle and strict rules now so the only responsible thing for you to do is to put the dog down. I really hate saying this because I'm a pit bull owner! But they need responsible owners to train and take care of them not crazy lazy idiots that don't care.
Sorry but ....
Best thing for your dog! and the breed! and as for the neighbors they will always find something wrong with a pit bull owner, it's best not to prove them right.
I'll see whether they get a point. If they don't, turn a deaf ear to them but if they do consider dumping it in animal protection societies I know it's painful but for your and others safety ... lately here a was bitten by Cavalier and needed to cut away her arm ... and your dog killed, and just because of the master was hurt the cavalier was put to death ...
jarel,
I am very sorry for what has happened but pitbulls are noted for that kind of behavior. She was probably a puppymill dog and was bred to fight. That is genetic. I'm not 100% put pretty sure, if wrong someone will correct it. The first thing to do is muzzle her at all times when outside. keep her in and on your own property. but this sounds as though at heartbreaking as it may be she may have to be put to sleep...I am very sorry. but first a dog then a young child. As your friend either take more preventative actions or have her put down. I had to have a bordercollie/chow mix put down a few years back cause he would bite us. It was a heartbreaking decision. but it was the right thing cause he could have turned on my 7yr old little girl at the time
doesn't matter what breed the dog is--if she turned on her mate, what is to keep her from turning on a person? Sorry--but I agree--Put her down--it is the only humane thing to do.would you rather wait-have her attack someone-and have the cops shoot her? this happened in my town recently and believe me, it was far more devastating to the owner to have it go that way than it would have been if they had just taken the dog to the vet and had it done there
well.I think you know what to do.the answer is something you don't want to here.put to sleep 4 ever.unlike the dude from the top says (who by the way is an @ss) i don't think the rest of the breed needs 2 be put to sleep.i have one and she would never do a thing.I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment